Tuesday 13 April 2010

It's funny, how you're in my head.


It's 3 am, and
I'm still writing your song,
I got the music written
but the words are all wrong

4 am now, and
It seems like all my hope has disappeared.
Why is it, that I feel
So alive when you are here

5 am and I should be asleep, but
All that I have is
Nothing I want to keep.
You're asleep
While I'm wracking my brain,
Trying to figure out
The perfect thing to say.

6 am, and the night is long gone,
The world is awakening, and
I'm still writing your song.
Everything seemed okay,
But that one little line,
I've revised it,
Over a million times

8 am, I tumbled in my dreams
Trying to keep my sanity clean.
My inner writer keeps in check,
All of the things I've left.

It's a quarter past 9, and
My brain has fluttered
In and out of rest.
I dream of you, because if I didn't
I'd be miserable, at best.

I've come to think,
That a life without you,
Isn't a life at all.

No comments: