Saturday 1 May 2010

Blood Bonds

Too hurt to understand.
Too angry to care.
Too disappointed to try.

I thought that blood, was supposed to be thicker than water. But in our case, I guess not. Your coldness to me has turned the water to ice, and chilled me to the bone.

I always thought that the love of a family was unconditional. You have proven me wrong. So many of you. Between using me for money, ignoring me- your own flesh and blood, trying to kill me, believing rumours, and so, so much more. It hurts. And I give up. I can't force you to love me, or even like me. So I guess asking for respect is a little too much.

To my father; This is the first time in my life that I have been hurt by you, and mad at you. You have let me down so much this time. I don't don't know how to process this. You got my hopes up, that I would see you, TALK to you after all this time. But no, I doubt that will happen. So very much. Anyone can be a father, but it takes a lot to be a dad.

To the rest of my blood bonds that have let me down;

I will always love you, for my love of my family is unconditional. But, I don't have to like you. And I really, really don't like you.

No comments: