Saturday 3 February 2007

Influences and Misdirection

Lately I've been thinking about personal images and what society defines as beautiful. We get sucked into thinking that we are A) better than everyone else because we are defined as "Beautiful" B)Meh.. so-so not "beautiful" but not "ugly" or C) "ugly". people hate or make fun of these people.

Now if go look in the mirror. what do YOU see? Chances are you feel off about yourself. I know I do sometimes. But GOD made us the way we are for a reason! No matter what other people think we have to stay strong. So so someone you are so-so But to someone else you might be the MOST beautiful or attractive person they know.

It probably doesn't help that you and your friends joke around about apperences, weight, height and all that stuff. One of my friends and I have this joke "Geez your so fat! (Pause) You must be like 110!" Then we laugh. But in all reality this is very harmful.

Do you see all of me
Do you see all I can be
Is all you can see, my face
Or do they go to my waist
Look into my eyes and tell me what you see
Chances are you have never seen the true me

Think about it.
About all the people you have judged and went away from because they looked different.
The media has standards that are wrong. If you want to see beauty ask God or look to Him.
You will see things differently.

No comments: